Make Your Fragile Items Safe when on a Move
Packing is the highlight of moving. You need to pack things up in order to transport your belongings and possessions in your new home. In packing, you have to organize things well to make things easier and faster. From packing the stuff and clothes of your children to packing the most fragile possession you have in your house. Though packing may seem to be an easy task to do, it is beyond your expectation as well, especially if you don’t manage packing well.
So, to get things heat up as you pack your things, you have to remember the 7 tips in packing the most fragile items that you have.
1. Place pictures and mirrors together. Pictures are priceless items you have to handle with care. So, to safe keep every mirrored and framed picture that you have, you have to put them inside durable cardboard boxes. Such boxes can be bought in supermarket and its sizes vary. You can also use bubble wrap and newspapers in packing your pictures and frames.
2. Packing your television, cameras, and sound systems should also be managed well. You can use polystyrene foam to protect your appliance inside the boxes. For other alternatives, you can use bubble wrap and padding in packing these fragile items.
3. Glasses and breakable cups should also be packed well. You have to place tissue or newspaper inside each glass and cup when you pack them and seal them with packing tape. You have to pack each cup or glass in separate box using the layered system of packing.
4. The tableware should be one of your fragile items as well. As you pack your tableware you have to arrange them according to size as you cover them with newspaper. This way, there wouldn’t be any breakage when the boxes are being moved and shaked.
5. Other important fragile items are wine bottles. As you keep your bottle wines in good condition you have to use suitable wine boxes as well. So if ever your box shakes, breakage will not happen.
6. House plants are also considered to be fragile items. In packing house plants, you need big plastic bag and enough water supply. You also have to put air holes on plastic back so plants can breathe.
7. Your collectibles and other antique items are delicate items that need to be taken care of. You have to pack these items in a medium-sized box and cover the box with tape to safe keep the item.
So, now you know what items in your house are considered fragile. You also learned how to pack these delicate products with the right materials. If you will only carefully follow the mentioned tips, you will surely have a peace of mind as you move your fragile items to your new house.